Tuesday, March 27, 2007

First Impressions of India

I got back into Singapore from India Monday morning. Wow, what a eye opening experience India was. I think one full week was more time than I ever need to spend in that county. The whole time it seemed like all of senses were completely over stressed. The noise, traffic and constant pressure from population would just wear me down and stress me out. I can't imagine living and working there. I got a really diverse and unique exposure that I think a lot of people don't see since we stayed with a lot of Satya's (my co-worker's) family. I saw a lot of areas most tourists never go to and the old parts of the cities in Agra and Delhi were absolutely unbelievable...so crowded and full of poverty. I could never have imagined how people were living there. I got a lot of looks in those areas and didn't see any other tourists or white people. In fact, all the time in Agra, the only time I saw any white people was at the Taj Mahal and a few other tourist attractions. Satya's family has a lot of connections and we were able to visit one of the glass factories outside of Agra.
I need to organize my pictures and thoughts and then I can post more about the trip and what my experience was like.

No comments: