Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!
In Singapore, Good Friday is a public holiday. Since there are so many religions here, most of the public holidays are for some kind of religious holiday actually. I had Friday off so I went to Batam, Indonesia with James, one of the American friends I've met here. It was very relaxing and also nice to get out of Singapore, especially since it's only a 40min ferry ride. Batam, along with the rest of Indonesia... along with the rest of the world really... has a reputation as being very unsafe according to the Singaporians. But the Indonesians especially would kidnap and kill you for just $1000 SGD (according to one of my co-workers)...I guess it's to be expected from a Muslim nation. However, my experiences with Indonesia so far have been nothing but good. I've never felt unsafe and the people are some of the friendliest I've met. I think it's very ironic that there was actually a stabbing at Holland Village just on Saturday night. From the newspaper article it sounds like no one was killed and both involved parties got away with out the police capturing them. I really want to get my co-workers opinion on this when I see them tomorrow. Anyways, that's besides the point. Happy Easter! and back to work tomorrow.

No comments: