after getting back to Singapore from Europe I had one week at home then fly back to California to visit with my family for a week. It was nice to be home to see Mom and the rest of the family. The week went really fast which means I must have ejoyed the time with them.
Then then past weekend I went with a few friend to meet an old college friend- Joe- in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. He had arrived in asia a week before and was traveling around to different places... in Thailand, Malaysia and Cambodia. A few days in Phnom Penh was enough and though it was interesting to see I wouldn't recommend it as a vacation if it's the only stop in Cambodia... I'll have to post more pictures and descriptions in another post... the highlight was renting bikes and riding around the city in some of the most infamous traffice in SE Asia.
Now I'm at the airport getting ready for my last trip - in likely a long time since I'm almost out of vacation time (and good thing work's not been very busy right now which has allowed me to take so many trips at once). I'm going to Boracay, Philippines for 5 days and it should be the most relaxing trip so far... just laying on the beach and hopefully it will be sunny.
It's been very strange to be away from home for so many weekends in a row- this will be the 8th one and I'm actually looking forward to a more relaxing weekend when I'll just stay home. It's been a strange set of circumstances where so many trips have come together all at the same time and I'm lucky to have a job flexible enough to let me take so much vacation at once (but I guess it's better to take all at once when work's not busy then to take it when it's really busy).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment