Moving here direct from San Diego presents me w/ quite a contrast. People sometimes comment on how good the weather in San Diego is... and now I can really appreciate it. Growing up in California and then spending just over 9 years in San Diego has really caused me to lose any appreciation for actual changes in the weather...for example: rain. I knew I would be arriving in the 'rainy season' at the end of the year but I've never seen it rain like this before. The first few days were fine when it just rained in the afternoon but on Sunday it started raining and it's been pretty constant since then. It's strange because I usually associate rain w/ cold but it's warm out which really makes it much more tollerable. Apparently lightning is pretty common here, too. There are some small breaks between the pouring when the air is really crisp; otherwise it really looks like you're in a cloud.

Here's the view of the Singapore River from my
temp apt while it was pouring....

...then a few mintues later when the rain let up the air looked cyrstal clear.
I just checked the weather report and it's expected rain until Thrusday...
No comments:
Post a Comment