Tuesday, October 14, 2008

manila fish spa

after retuning from Boracay and having one day to spend in Manila before our flights back home departed we were looking for things to do. It only so happens that I read on the in-flght-maganize that there was something called a fish spa in Manila at the Ocean Park marine aquarium.. So having nothing else to do we decided to go check this out. Basically "fish spa" means putting your feet into a pool filled with small fish that will start to eat you... or more precisely, they eat only the dead skin from your feet... and legs.. and anything else you place in the water. So before and I thought this should be easy, right? But when it came down to it.. putting your feet in the pool and watching them being surrounded by hundreds of fish, then letting them start to eat you was more than daunting... I freaked out! I was really surprised! but I guess it's some kind of self-preservation instinct where something eating you seems bad. Finally I was able to relax enough to let the little fish do their work and give me the 'fish pedicure.' and actually once you can get used to it... it's quite nice.

2 comments:

The Shannons said...

So crazy! I don't think I could go through with it.

David Andrew said...

Not for me