It was a sunny day again so I decided to go out and walk around Little India. I've been looking at a lot of apartments w/ my relocation agents since I arrived trying to find something that I can afford and also something that's decent and in a good location. I saw one yesterday that would be really good and it's pretty central to Little India, Orchard Road and the marina. I've walked through Little India before but I wanted to explore the area a little more to see what it would be like living there. I took a shuttle from my temp apt to Harborfront MRT (subway) station and then took the MRT to Little India since I would do the reverse trip for part of my commute to work on the subway. It wasn't bad; only 5 stops so it went pretty fast.
Little India is supposed to get packed on Sundays and it was pretty crowded for sure. It was also hot. It turns out the apt would be in a really good location and close to a lot of things to do, and the subway. The only downside to the apartment's location is a construction site across the street where they're building a shopping mall. It's pretty loud work they're doing but I figure it could only last a few months...plus that is why the apartment is affordable since otherwise it would definitely be shown for more money. I got some very delicious Indian food for late lunch then headed back. What an exhausting day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment