Walking home from work tonight I noticed a new sign up in the empty lot next door to my building. Construction has now officially begun on a new 7 story condo unit scheduled to open in 2012! ...and JUST when all the noise across the street was starting to die out at the new mall/condo high rise construction site. I'm hoping that since this new place isn't going to open until 2012 it means they won't be working on nights or weekends.
The signboard
Wilkie Regency (my place)in the background. That room with the light on is my living room so I'll have quite a good view of the construction process.
...and here's the view from my balcony. That building in the background is called Sophia Flats (it's in some of the other pictures I've posted from my place before as well)...and it IS haunted. I have a friend who used to live there in the top floor and he swears it's haunted. There used to be a HUGE tree with a canopy covering almost the whole empty lot. One day when he was still living there the owner cut it down in preparation of developing this site. Ever since that day my friend, James, said things got very strange and that's when he started noticing ghosts. He had a cat and it would sometimes freak out and start hissing at things in the corner, he's have people over and they'd often claim they felt some presence in one of the bedrooms, and he said once he saw a ladder he had leaning on the wall fall backwards just like some one pushed it...not like it just slid down the wall. It seems throughout Singapore there are a lot of ghost stories and a lot of people really believe them. A year later the developer died of cancer and the lot sat empty until now. That was more than 10 years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment