Yes, I've made it back safely to Singapore from Koh Samui! I had gone with a few coworkers last Thursday night and got back a few days ago on Sunday night. The trip seemed much shorter than I thought it would and I'd plan for more time if I did it again. Koh Samui is nice but there are als some other islands near by which are less crowded and would be nice for relaxing... if only I had more time... : Koh Tao is famous for great scuba diving and Koh Pha Ngan is famous for it's full moon parties.; Both are less developed than Kho Samui. While we were there the water was too choppy and the tour companies canceled all the boat trips between the islands and out to Ang Thong National Marine Park.
Koh Samui is very relaxed. The entire airport is outside, kind of in huts... even the security and immigration stations. There is now a direct from from Singapore to Koh Samui so it's very easy to get there. 25 years ago it was basically a fishing village when people first started marketing it for tourism and at that time you had to take a ferry from mainland Thailand. Now it's full of resorts and tourists hanging out at the white sandy beaches getting tans though there are still some undeveloped places on the island. It's still a relaxing place to take a holiday. I would normally never stay at a resort as nice as this one was, though it was a nice change. I remember the last time I was in Thailand, the last night I stayed in a place for 300baht (a that time just under $8 a night) in Phuket City and it was the only time I'd ever felt I really overpaid for a room.
At some point I'm going to have to finish uploading all my pictures to my flicker site. In the meantime here are some snapshots from the trip.
At some point I'm going to have to finish uploading all my pictures to my flicker site. In the meantime here are some snapshots from the trip.
Once you're in SE Asia you start to see geckos everywhere and also big lizards once in a while
The group, just arrived and relaxing at the lobby
Walking down the street in Chaweng beach
Chaweng beach again, motor scooters are a primary means of transportation
the resort at night
the resort again at night
In case you forget what i looked like, it's me at the resort at night
The resort...again. this time the garden
The grandfather and grandmother stones (Hin Ta and Hin Yai) are an important part of Thai mythology. It is believed that all Thai people originally came from these two stones. You may have to use your imagination or ask a friend if you can't understand where the names come from
The grandfather stone
The grandmother stone
No comments:
Post a Comment