Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Message in a Bottle


A friend of mine, Dave, once told me 'beer is the answer', though I think he stole it from Homer Simpson ( he only told me that beer was the answer because he wanted me to make him a neon sign that said "BEER IS THE ANSWER", actually that's what he stole from the Simpsons episode anyways. I told him "no" since he has 2 daughters and he needs to set a better example though now I'm sure he knew what he was doing and it would have been fine for the kids to see. We had words but we're still friends today). Anyway, it is a good message if taken in moderation and yesterday I finally saw Archipelago Beer being sold in bottles at my local grocery store (which is probably one of the worst stocked stores in Singapore) (the camera phone is very handy...and you might as well use it if you have it) (In case you don't know what an archipelago is: here's a link to wikipedia for archipelago(not the brewery))(that's a lot of parentheses which means I've probably used them incorrectly).
The reason I bring this topic up is nothing more than to say that it's probably the best beer being made in Singapore and I happen to know the brewer so I've been hearing that it'll be coming out in bottles soon, and now I'm happy that it finally is. However, $3.95SGD per bottle is steep but not unreasonable. That's only like ~$15USD per six pack! Arghh, that's just Singapore though. A single can of Sapporo beer is ~$3.20SGD in the same store or a single can of Budweiser is somewhere above $3SGD as well (I recently found Budweiser being sold in stores here). It is very good beer. I didn't buy any though since all I needed from the store was bananas to make a sandwich and they say impulse buying is the easist way to blow all your money.

1 comment:

David Andrew said...

Beer is the Answer!!! Try some today :)