On a seperate topic I saw a gecko in my apartment today for the first time. I was shocked just because I've never seen one this high up in a building before (on the 7th floor). The other week when I was walking to the elevator from the street at my place one fell off the ceilking onto my head. I've been told it's good luck.
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Thunder and Lightning
...it isn't so frightening when you know every building in Singapore has lightning rods since it's so common. It is scary when your walking outside though since there are a few deaths every year from lightning strikes. The National Environment Agency of Singapore says it has one of the highest lightning activity rates in the world. It also says there are an average of 171 days per year where thunder is heard. Last week there was a big lightning storm and I tried to capture some of if from my apartment. Here are the better pictures I captured
A small bolt back in the distance.
This strike was much closer
No lightning bolts but the sky's lit up
This is the view of the constuction site across the stree from my place. I really wanted to see one of the giant cranes struck but instead I only got pictues like this one where you can see the sky lit up but no lightning bolts.
On a seperate topic I saw a gecko in my apartment today for the first time. I was shocked just because I've never seen one this high up in a building before (on the 7th floor). The other week when I was walking to the elevator from the street at my place one fell off the ceilking onto my head. I've been told it's good luck.
On a seperate topic I saw a gecko in my apartment today for the first time. I was shocked just because I've never seen one this high up in a building before (on the 7th floor). The other week when I was walking to the elevator from the street at my place one fell off the ceilking onto my head. I've been told it's good luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome pictures!
Post a Comment