Tuesday, October 16, 2007
flamenco
Saw a flamenco dance performance tonight at the Esplanade, Singapore's double durian shaped performing arts center. In style, it was a much more modern production than I'd thought it would be. I was expecting more traditional style and costumes. It was actually much better than I'd expected. At the end of the show though, I have never, ever, seen performers, of any kind, take so many bows and cheer the audience on to clap more! and more, and more!! I wasn't even surprised when after they finally left the stage, they all ran back on five seconds later.... the fake leaving then running back onstage for more applause trick, eh? I wasn't born yesterday. I had to admit it though, after working with Spaniards for a few years now at work, they really do know how to live right and seem to really enjoy life. So I just kept clapping and let them soak up the recognition. They were good, after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment